Introducing Gantt Charts & Comment @Mentions
If you’re managing a project with a few team members, it’s important to know who is doing what and when.
Gantt charts were developed to give project managers visibility over their tasks and team including:
- What tasks have to be done
- Who has been assigned what task
- When each task starts and is due to end
- Where some activities overlap with others and by how much time.
These charts are core to giving you visibility over your tasks so you can find the best way to allocate resources and help your team become more efficient.
Thanks to feedback from our amazing customers, we’ve added Gantt charts to Project Central.
What are the benefits of Gantt charts in Project Central?
Using Gantt charts brings your project management skills up to another level, allowing you to:
- Visualize the project timeline – view your project by task, team member and it’s start and due dates to understand all angles in the project
- Update task dates in seconds – change your project’s start and due dates or move the whole task to a different time period with click and drag
- Work from a single screen – open the task side panel in Gantt view to add or view more information without switching your screen.
Enhanced communication with @mentions
Following additional feedback from our customer’s, we’ve also enhanced our task comments to give the ability to @mention your team mates.
So if you want to give a status report to Christine on the sales chart task you’re working on, type @Christine and leave your comment.
We’ll send her a notification email telling her she’s been mentioned in a comment.
What’s coming next?
We’re still building out the project management functionality for Project Central, the next release includes:
- Project list view: view projects in a list format to make it easy to scan
- Checklists: break your task down into smaller parts and make it easier to get your job done
- Sample templates: get your project up and running quickly using our best practice templates and reduce needless admin in your job.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on Project Central.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how we’re doing.