New Release: Project Filtering
We’ve just released a new feature: Project Filtering.
Project Filtering is designed to make really easy to find projects in your account.
Whether you’re working on a small team with few projects or a large team with many, filtering will help you to set the view that works best for you.
Just choose your criteria, add them to your filter and and run it.
What criteria can I use to filter my projects in Project Central?
Filtering is easy, just open the filter icon and choose from the following options:
- Status + Clear Status Filter Button
- Health + Clear Health Filter Button
- Project Manager + Clear Project Manager Filter Button
- Tags + Clear Tags Filter Button
- My Projects + Clear My Projects Filter Button
- Date Created + Clear Date Created Filter Button
- Last Updated + Clear Last Updated Filter Button
- Start Date + Clear Start Date Filter Button
- End Date + Clear End Date Filter Button.
We’ll run your filter it will save as the default view until you remove the filter criteria at a later time.
What’s coming next?
Our next release will be made up of two new updates:
- Task filtering
- Project permissions
Task filtering will help you to cut out the clutter of a large tasks list, allowing you to only see tasks that apply to specific criteria.
Tasks will be filtered across List, Board & Gantt Chart views, helping you to stay focused on what needs to be completed first.
Permissions will grant you the power to determine whether or not your team members can see all projects in Project Central, or only the ones they are a member of.
- Increased security – team members will only be able to see data if they have permission to access it
- Project Manager or Account Owner can determine if a project is marked as private or not
- Account Owner can change this setting globally, the default is to be public projects .
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on Project Central.
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we’re doing.