New Release: Task Filtering
We’ve just released a new feature: Task Filters.
Filters make it really easy for you to refine your tasks list and to streamline the way you manage your work.
So, whether you want to focus solely on tasks assigned to you, or to zoom in for an update on your team’s progress, these filters are just what you’ll need.
Simply set the filter criteria, click Apply and we’ll do the rest.
What criteria can I use to filter my tasks?
You can use task filters to customize your view in any number of ways.
Some project managers enjoy a high-level view where they can see what the progress status is for each task and if there are any flagged tasks in need of their attention.
Others, prefer a more detailed view to understand whether tasks are coming close to their due date so they can determine if there’s a risk of overrunning it.
Whatever your needs, Task Filtering is easy.
Simply open the filter icon and choose from the following options:
- Progress: Choosing from ‘Not Started’, ‘In Progress’ or ‘Completed’
- Flagged: Tasks that are ‘Flagged’ for attention
- Assigned To: The member of your team that the task is assigned to
- Date Created
- Last Updated: When the task was last updated
- Start Date
- Due Date: Filtering by the due date means you can shortlist tasks that may be coming close or have run overdue
- Task Name.
When you run a task filter, Project Central saves the view so the next time you open you tasks list, you can stay laser focused on whats’ relevant to you
Where do filters appear?
Task filters can be applied across all task views.
So, it doesn’t matter if you prefer working in a List view, Gantt Chart view or Board view, the filters will be the same across them all.
What’s coming next?
Permissions will grant you the power to determine whether or not your team members can see all projects in Project Central, or only the ones they are a member of.
- Increased security – team members will only be able to see data if they have permission to access it
- Project Manager or Account Owner can determine if a project is marked as private or not
- Account Owner can change this setting globally, the default is to be public projects.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on Project Central.
Want us to walk through these features with you? We’d be delighted to connect at a time that suits you.