New Release: Project List View, Checklists & Sample Templates
When working as a project manager across multiple projects, sometimes you just need to get a snapshot of where everything is at.
Using our new List View, it’s really easy to switch from project card view to a list of all projects, highlighting the core data points on one page.
Once you’ve toggled List View, you can sort your projects to focus on the most important metrics.
So if a project is 90% complete, you might want to find out what final effort is required to bring it over the line.
Alternatively, sorting by project health or status would highlight those that may need intervention to get them moving along.
Project lists can be sorted by:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Project Health
- Project Status
- % Complete
- Last Updated.
Use Checklists to break down your Tasks:
Today, we’ve also added checklists to Project Central.
Checklists are really handy for breaking down your tasks into manageable steps which make it easier to get the job done.
So while your Task might be to Update the Project’s Dashboard, this may include steps like;
- Add a description of the project’s goals
- Set the expected project start and end dates
- Set the project health to On Track
- Select the project team.
Use a checklist to document each of individual steps in this task and to make sure that they all are completed, in full.
Create your project from a sample template
We’ve taken some of the most popular template requests and created them inside Project Central.
New templates are as follows:
- Project plan
- Social media plan
- Employee onboarding
- Business plan
- Event planning template.
What’s coming next?
We’re still focusing on improving the way you manage your projects, so the next release includes:
- Enhanced project sorting: expanded functionality for sorting the order of your projects
- Export list view to PDF & Excel file: bring your projects list out into Excel & PDF to share with team members or to perform additional reporting
- Task due notification: receive a notification email once your task is coming due so you’ll never let the ball drop with tasks.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on Project Central.
Email me at email@example.com and let me know how we’re doing.